Monday, December 6, 2010

Vegie Garden

I have really got into the vegie garden this year. My attempt last year was very poor. I just planted the goods in the ground and hoped they would grow and produce something yummy to eat! But obviously, didn't have much luck.

However, THIS year I have been super good! We have planted lettuces (already eaten all six - time to plant some more!!), cucumber, rhubarb, tomato's, zucchini, coriander and parsley. I have been watering, weeding and singing to my plants and the result has been much better already!

I haven't taken very good photos of my garden but here are my out of control vegies!


Left: Cucumbers Right: Rhubarb


Left: My WILD zucchini's Right back: Tomato's, Right Front: Coriander & Parsley



And, check out this bad boy!!!! I am so proud! Look how huge it is!! I am sure there is some contest I can enter for 'Biggest Zucchini of the Year'

5 comments:

Crystal said...

your garden is looking impressive!

Jessie said...

What are Zechunni's? Do you spell check?

HIGGINS FAMILY said...

ha ha ha! Spell checked now Jessie!! Thanks for picking that up!

Crystal said...

ha ha that is so funny that jess pointed that out to you!

HIGGINS FAMILY said...

She is so used to doing it with Haydn. It is second nature to her now. Watch out!!! Jessie the spell checker is on the loose!