Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Allergy Friendly Cake

So I have to admit, I struggle with Laela'a allergies when it comes to thinking of new and exciting things to cook! I was looking online for a cake that I could make that would be nut free, egg free and dairy free... AND I found one!

SO! Today Carly & Ashton, Jessie & Grace, Jackie & Caleb came over for hot chocolates and I decided to make the cake for morning tea, so yes they were to be my guinea pigs for taste testing the cake!

I must admit, I didn't have high hopes for this cake but it was a hit!! Very moist! The girls said that you wouldn't even be able to tell that it was allergy friendly. I topped the cake with icing sugar and raspberries. Mmm mm! I think I may have found Laela's birthday cake :)


(Thanks for taking such a great photo Carly!)

4 comments:

Jessie said...

It was sooooooooo yummy and the photo IS great Carly. Mel........give me the recipe and I will use it for the cupcakes!!!! LOL

Crystal said...

that looks really good melissa! So what are the ingredients??

Melany said...

babe you know I have the kid with the most allergies in the world and for almost 6 years now have been cooking, nuts free, sesame seed free, egg free and everything ELSE FREE recipes lol If you are looking for anything I probably have it! let me know xoxox cake looked great!

Polkadot Carly said...

I should be a professional food photographer!